Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sister Weekend - Indulge

It was a cold and rainy Easter here in Denver. Last Sunday it was a cold and snowy, but instead of watching Cold Case on the couch in my sweats, I was indulging with my sister. It was our first true sister weekend in over 5 months!! And it almost did not happen, in fact it was postponed by a day due to the weather. Who would have thought we needed to worry about getting snowed out in April.

On her first night we treated ourselves to a new restaurant that recently opened in my neighborhood, Indulge Wine, Tapas, & Desserts Bar. They have a wonderful patio area with a scenic view of the mountains; however, with those annoying white flakes flying around in the air we chose to dine inside, which was just as nice with live jazz music smoothly playing in the background. We did the Tour de France and actually found a French wine we liked. I in no way can remember what the name was, just that it was white, but I believe my sister wrote it down (if she just remembers in what sketch pad, we will be all set). For our tapas we had warm roasted red pepper and feta hummus topped with Kalamata olives served with flat bread, roasted tomato and herb soup drizzled with basil pesto and gourmet Gouda and cheddar grilled cheese, and grilled flat bread pizza with caramelized acorn squash, Gorgonzola, arugula and red pepper flakes. Any one else hungry now? Next we splurged on a French press along with ginger cream ice cream. Now I am really hungry.

I am going to have a hard time topping that meal on her next visit (which hopefully will be a lot sooner than 5 months). Any way, if you are in the Denver area and deserve some indulgence, I highly recommend Indulge Wine Bar.

No comments: