Thursday, April 23, 2009

Book Lover's Purchase

The Swamps of SleetheAs mentioned in the previous post I ventured out to the Highlands Ranch Tattered Cover to take part in the Book & Lovers' Celebration. They did not have any Gorey, Hellboy, or Fables in-stock (just probably too hard to keep those on the shelves), they did have Dresden Files, but then this book caught my eye on their display of poetry books for children. Well, what could be more inspirational than poetry from beyond the solar system? Poems from beyond the solar system with lots of bright and shiny pictures. I think I am going to be very happy with my The Swamps of Sleethe by Jack Prelutsky and after all, it is National Poetry Month. Also as part of the celebration, with my galactic purchase, I received a bookmark and rose. Luckily no one was behind me in line, because you had your choice of several colors. It was between a yellowish pink or pinkish peach one, I ended up going pinkish peach. I guess I should have gone with glow-in-the-dark alien green to go with the book, but you know, surprisingly, they did not have that color. Maybe next year...

No comments: