Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wool Market

Last weekend I went to the 18th annual Estes Park Wool Market with my sister and mom. This wool market is one of the largest all-natural fiber markets in North America and takes place every year in mid-June. There are demonstrations, contests, exhibits, and the sale of fiber animals and products from their wool. My sister and mom keep threatening to take up weaving and love to watch the spinning and weaving demonstrations and look through the product booths. Normally I am playing golf with my dad when the wool market is taking place, but this year a tournament at the course prevented us from playing.

I was hesitant at first since I have never once in my life threatened to take up weaving, but I was promised colored angora sheep, and how could I pass that up. I was hoping for blue and purple ones or maybe even polka dotted. As it turns out, there were no colored sheep of that variety, but I did see several other sheep, llamas, alpacas, and goats. The goats were my favorite, they would just come right up to you to be petted and licked your fingers. To be honest, I felt a little snubbed by the llamas and alpacas, and the sheep were just plain in a bad mood. Of course as it turns out, I did not get any pictures of the cute little goats, probably because I was too busy loving them; however, I did capture a few llama and alpaca heads as well as a very woolly shaggy creature with horns.


llama HeadMr. Cranky

llama HeadI'm frightened of your hair

Hey DudeBass and Keyboards

alpaca headLead Singer

alpaca headLead Guitar

poodle headDrums and part-time poodle

baby llamaBaby Llama!!!

big hornsWoolly Shaggy thing with horns

No comments: