Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Delphine #1

Delphine 1Just finished another graphic novel by Richard Sala from Fantagraphics Books. Delphine No. 1 is a retelling of the fairy tale Snow White from the perspective of the “prince” in a more modern, uh, unusual setting. A university student goes looking for the young co-ed, Delphine, who left to take care of her sick father. A vague address leads him to a rustic village surrounded by a dark and foreboding forest. He stops at an eerie wig shop to ask for directions that end up leading him deeper into the mystery. Several times during the book I would say to myself, “Oh, I would not do that if I was you.” But needless to say he does and finds himself in some frightening places with worrisome characters. A total cliffhanger at the end, and yes, I will now have to get Delphine No. 2 to find out what happens.

No comments: