Friday, March 13, 2009

Fables Volume 2: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham

Fables Animal FarmAfter they were driven from their homelands by the Adversary, the non-human Fables, 3 little pigs, the 3 bears, Reynard the fox and many other folklore and mystical creatures, were forced to live on a large secluded farm in upstate NY to keep them hidden from the mundanes (humans). In Fables Volume 2: Animal Farm, Snow White heads upstate to visit the farm with her sister Rose Red. Snow is not only wanting to check to make sure things are running smoothly on the farm but also to mend her relationship with her sister. However, she soon finds out that things are not well on the farm as the animals are staging a revolution against the human Fables lead by the 3 little pigs spear headed by a gun-toting non-human Fables activist Goldilocks. Things do not improve when her sister Rose Red takes up arms with rebellions.

I have to admit; I did not enjoy this one as much as I did Volume 1 or the 1001 Nights of Snowfall. I guess where I can handle the slaughtering of 2-legged Fables it was a little harsh with the 4-legged ones. But the main reason was I just didn’t care for the ending as much, so far I am not a big fan of the Rose Red character. However, I would still recommend this read, the graphics are incredible, and I already have Volume 3 in hand.

No comments: