Monday, January 26, 2009

The World of Edward Gorey by Clifford Ross and Karen Wilkin

The World of Edward GoreyThe World of Edward Gorey is a perfect gift for the Gorey Groupie. Since I am a Gorey Groupie, this was a most excellent Christmas gift from my husband. Loved the interview with between Clifford Ross and Edward Gorey at the beginning of the book:



CR: What about other objects you collect? Your house is filled to overflowing with all kinds of things.

EG: It’s filled with little animals. Little things-

CR: Finials?


EG: Well, I do adore finials...


And really who does not enjoy a good finial? I have a few scattered about myself. Then the book is stuffed full of his inquisitive artwork and sketches. At the end of the book are a few photos of the above-mentioned collection of things in his home. If allowed, that could so be my sister’s house. Yes, a perfect addition to my growing Gorey collection.

No comments: