Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gingerbread Baklava

Gingerbread Baklava
I know this is kind of cheating, but basically find any good Baklava recipe, (an online search will yield several) and substitute gingerbread cookie crumbs for the sugar nut mixture.

I used store bought gingerbread cookies (Archway). Took the whole bag and crushed into crumbs with a rolling pin, then added a teaspoon each of cinnamon and sugar in the raw.

The reason I substituted the cookies is because I wanted to do a European dessert to stay with the theme, but my sister doesn’t like nuts; however, she LOVES gingerbread. Thus to appease her, as one should always do with their older sibling, I decided to try the baklava recipe with the cookies instead of the nuts. I will be honest, I went into the kitchen thinking it would be a train wreck and I would be throwing them all out the next day, but sadly, there were none left the next day.

Dessert Table

No comments: