Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More from the Mysterious Willow May Book Party

I want to send a huge thank you to all of those who took time from their busy schedules, some even traveling from far distances, to come celebrate with us the release of our first children's picture book, Willow May Goes to the Midnight Carnival. Your friendship, support and encouragement is more than any writer and illustrator could wish for, and if you will allow me to use an adverb here, you are a fantastically incredible group of people.

Here are a few more photos from the Saturday Book Party, Victor Grimsby's Carnival of Curious Delights, and speaking of delights, there are photos of the cakes in yesterday's post...the cakes were stunning. The first time I literally did not want to cut into a cake because they looked too amazing, and I LOVE cake, so that is saying quite a bit.

Again, thanks to all who came, and where I know we have really just begun the journey with Willow May, I can't help but be anxious for the next story to come.

FlowersBeautiful flowers bestowed upon the writer and illustrator.


Willow May Reader"My, what a wonderful book."


Willow May Reader"Oh no, the skeleton lost his footing!"


Willow May Reader"I can't wait to see how this is going to end."


Willow May Party Goer"What a marvelous book, darlings."


Party Goer"I loved the illustrations, could I commission the artist for work of my own?"


Painting"Mom, you have got to get one of these!"


Painting"I must have one of your cat designs, they are my favorite."


Party Goer"Really should have stopped him after just one glass of apple cider."


No comments: