Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Movie Iron Man

Iron ManMy sister and I went to see Iron Man this last weekend and I must award it 4.5 out of 5 cat whiskers. It had the perfect mixture of action interlaced with humor, not to mention an awesome sound track.

Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is the CEO of Stark Industries, which produces advance weapon systems for the U.S. military. He is also a billionaire self-obsessed playboy who happens to be a genius when it comes to inventing technical gadgets. And let me just stop here to say that both my sister and I need his work lab and equipment, there is no way we can build us a super-power suit with our current set ups. Any way, Tony flies to Afghanistan to demonstrate a new weapon. On his way back terrorist using the same weapons he created attacks his convoy. He is wounded and held captive but builds a suit of armor to escape. Back in the states, he perfects his suit only to find out he is being betrayed by his own company.

I thought Robert Downey Jr’s comic timing was impeccable and I enjoyed the humorous chemistry between him and his personal assistant (Gwyneth Paltrow). There were several LOL’s.

I highly recommend this movie and will eagerly await Iron Man II due out in 2010.

No comments: