Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What’s in a Name

One of the main characters in Willow May Goes to the Midnight Carnival, the Ringmaster, is sophisticated, intelligent, cultured, a classy dresser, yet, has a mysterious and foreboding air about him. In fact, he is so mysterious...he refuses to give me his name. Does not matter how politely I have asked him, he will not give it up.

I am getting ready to send off another draft to the editor and am still having to use a placeholder for him, Corbin Barnabas. Nope, that is not his name, way too Dark Shadows for me. I am started to get concerned. My sister tells me not to stress about it. She says the name will come to me when I least expect it. One day I will be standing in line at Starbucks and blurt out, “Yappernettle Squashernot!!” In this particular example, it is somewhat of a relief that has not happened, as the Ringmaster would not approve of the name Yappernettle Squashernot, and the Starbuck baristas would probably not appreciate me spontaneously shouting that out while in line.

My sister thinks it will mystically appear to me some night in a dream, but so far no late night visitors. I have been reading the obituaries as well as surfing the net and finding sites such as:

http://www.babynames.com/Names/spooky.php
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-char.php
http://www.behindthename.com/

But alas, still no name.

13 comments:

kalyan matrimony said...

check our website If you want a suitable life partner. https://kalyanammatrimony.in/

Adnan Ahmed said...

Great content really loved the way it is presented

Anonymous said...

phoenixanddragonwings.blogspot.com/2007/06/whats-in-name.html

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Cheap removals Liverpool
Cheap removals Liverpool

imran khan said...

Excellent article. I'm sure the post will be good, and I'm astonished you wrote it, man! Excellent work, and please keep it up! I couldn't agree more, and I've saved this to Pocket as well! Keep it up, dude.

Sarah J. said...

I found your blog post about undefined fascinating. I found it because I was searching for a blog about the word "undefined." I'm so glad I found your article because it was an overview of the word and why it can be such a fascinating word. You explained that it's what happens when something is missing or not given, which makes it a word that's hard to understand. I really appreciate that you shared the information on your blog post so that others can understand it too. Search Engine Optimization

PginAhmedabad said...

Love this! Names hold such unique stories. 💫 Checked out the blog and totally get a fresh perspective now! 🚀-
Cassia tora





KeenTeQ Dubai said...

Thanks for the content. The post was really nice. SIRA-approved CCTV company in Dubai

cargo services said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shafafcleaning said...

Shafaf Cleaning Service offers professional Window cleaning Services to ensure sparkling clean and clear windows. Our expert team uses safe and effective techniques to remove dirt, grime, and streaks, leaving your windows spotless and enhancing the overall appearance of your property. Trust Shafaf for reliable and thorough window cleaning in Dubai.

AtiyaMakeup said...

AtiMakeup salon's facial treatments are a must-try! Their expert estheticians leave your skin feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Highly recommend for a pampering session that leaves you glowing!

havieandmoon said...

Havie&Moon offers exceptional Hair Services that transform your look and uplift your confidence. Their skilled stylists craft personalized styles tailored to your unique personality and preferences. Experience the artistry and professionalism that sets Havie&Moon apart.

Shafaf Cleaning said...

As someone who values quality, Shafaf Cleaning has exceeded my expectations. Their attention to detail and commitment to excellence make them the premier choice for cleaning services in Dubai and Sharjah. You won't be disappointed!